SUMMARY: Max International Converters, Inc. and it’s wholly owned subsidiaries (Max International Converters, SARL and Max International Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd.), along with MAXStick Products Ltd., (the Companies) are family owned businesses based in Lancaster, PA, providing paper and label roll products to the POS, kiosk, and QSR industries for more than 45 years. Due to the rapid growth the Companies have experienced, we are looking for a Controller.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial Reporting and Oversight:
- Provide strategic management of the accounting and finance functions.
- Protects the Companies’ assets by enforcing internal controls and minimizing risk.
- Oversee all aspects of financial accounting, including preparing annual departmental forecasts and budgets and leading the accounting team in daily business operations.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements for management, on a timely basis, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow analysis and budget to actual.
- Ensure accuracy of data across multiple financial and operational systems; utilize this data to develop key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Stay up to date on industry trends, international, federal, state and local requirements and laws, and advising management on needed actions.
Inventory & Job Costing
- Maintains perpetual inventory and monitors cycle count program.
- Oversee product costs including analyzing actual manufacturing costs and identify variances on a timely basis.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products and services.
- Calculate burden rates for overhead
- Develop, Implement and Oversee a cost saving purchasing program for raw materials.
- Develop, Implement and Oversee a control system for determining unit cost of products, including cost estimates of new products, assist in establishing selling prices and production forecasts, and analyze changes in raw materials and/or manufacturing methods to determine effects on costs.
- Oversee financial operations of foreign subsidiaries including exchange and trading of foreign currencies to maximize currency exchange values, work with oversees accountants to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and minimize the impact of foreign taxes
- Self-Starter with a hands-on, lead by example approach
- Ability to think broadly, critically and strategically, including the ability to translate long-term goals and objectives into short-term tactical plans and operational activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate a position with sound logic and conviction. Ability to analyze complex issues and solve difficult problems and communicate financial information effectively.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Accounting, Finance, or another related program
- Experience in accounting and finance required
- Experience with job costing/manufacturing required
- Experience with foreign operations including hedging foreign currencies required
- Experience supervising preferred
- Become and remain proficient in all programs necessary to perform job
- Great Plains experience preferred
- Travel to Europe and Asia to work with foreign accountants required
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.